Revamping of old fashion Rolling mills requires very specific solutions being one of our Division’s areas of activity.
The solutions presented to the customer are aimed at optimizing their investment return. These may involve, electrical and control revamping measures for each specific application. Modifications are aimed at improving the mills’ capacity by increasing process speeds.
Moreover, by implementing state-of-the-art AHC, AGC, AFC control systems the quality of the produced strip is improved, insofar as it concerns final characteristics, thickness and flatness. These are complemented by open production management systems, data collection (Data Logger) and remote systems, directed at optimizing both the process and maintenance management.
It is important to highlight the vast range of tasks undertaken, ranging from replacement of all the electrical equipment up to partial revamping measures, like the installation of new converters in drives.
Common objectives of revamping processes over old fashion CRM’s are;
- Higher flexibility and increased rolling capacity, when producing new products.
- Improved tolerances: higher accuracy in terms of thickness and flatness.
- Reducing head and tail lengths out of tolerance.
- Improved and higher availability of components increasing their life expectancy.
- Improvement in characteristics for diagnostic purposes.
- Minimizing of stoppage periods.
- Minimizing the time required to put the plant back in full operation.